Pirate Athletic Association
Who We Are
The Pirate Athletic Association (PAA) is the fundraising arm of the Armstrong Athletic Department. You can become a member of the PAA through a tax-deductible contribution.
What We Do
The PAA was created to raise interest in Armstrong athletics and help the athletic department raise the extra funds needed to attract the top student-athletes.
How Your Support Helps.
In joining the PAA, members provide support to more than 150 Armstrong student-athletes. With your gift, no matter at what level, you will be providing critical support in the areas of scholarships, travel, equipment, uniforms, facility improvements, recruitment expenses and more. The PAA believes a successful athletics program is a source of pride for the community and provides greater opportunities, as a whole, for the university.
Champions on the Field…
- 11 National Champions
- 85 Peach Belt Conference Championships
- 127 NCAA Championship appearances
- 274 All-Americans
- 2012, 2013 & 2014 PBC Commissioner’s Cup winner as the top athletic department in the Peach Belt
Champions in the Classroom…
- 2006, 2007, 2013 & 2014 Peach Belt Conference Presidential Academic Awards
- 60 percent of Armstrong student-athletes had a 3.0 GPA or better in the 2013-14.
- Five Pirates had a 4.0 GPA for the entire year in 2013-14.
- A school-best 89 student-athletes were named to the PBC Presidential Honor Roll last year.
Champions in the Community…
- Armstrong student-athletes performed 1,500 hours of community service last year, valued at $30,000.
- Community service initiatives include Light the Night, Breast Cancer Awareness Games, Toys for Tots and Read Aloud Programs
- In addition, Armstrong student-athletes coach area high school, middle school and club teams.
Ways You Can Help
- Join the PAA or increase your annual membership gift. The annual PAA membership fund is used primarily to supplement the operating budgets of our Armstrong sports programs in addition to assisting with the scholarship needs of the department. With more than 150 student-athletes representing 11 sports and an annual scholarship bill of more than $1.4 million, your support helps sustain athletic and academic excellence.
- Support Special Events. In 2012 the Armstrong Athletic Department started two special events to raise funds: The Treasure Walk and Golf Outing. The Treasure Walk benefits the BJ Ford Scholarship and the Golf Outing supports the PAA General Fund. Title and presenting sponsorships are available as well as individual entries.
- Become an ambassador. Even though Armstrong is a relatively young university, we are growing! We are proud of our past and excited about our future. We have a lot to offer individuals and the community, however, we need your help in connecting us to new prospects or encouraging those already engaged to do more.
- Consider establishing an endowed scholarship. Beginning with as little as $10,000, you have the ability to create a lasting legacy for you, your family or your business. This long-term planning will pay significant dividends by annually supplementing the scholarship needs of our dedicated Armstrong student-athletes while helping us meet mounting costs in the future.